Free 护理 and Financial Assistance Policy
NEED 帮助 PAYING YOUR BILL?
Plain Language Summary: Translation of these documents are also available in French and Spanish upon request.
纽约医院 is committed to providing quality health care regardless of one’s ability to pay and is pleased to offer several programs to help patients manage their medical bill. 纽约医院’s Caring For All program includes these affordable health care options:
- Financial Assistance Policy: Please call our team at (207) 351-2389 for more information, and to request a free copy of the FAP and FAP application form by mail. Please click here to view the Financial Assistance Policy.
- 免费护理: We offer free care to patients whose income is twice the federal poverty income level. 例如, an uninsured family of 4 whose total annual income is $51,500 or lower qualifies for FREE CARE at 纽约医院. Based on this program alone, 纽约医院 provides millions of dollars worth of free care to patients who utilize our services every year and FAP-eligible individuals can’t be charged more than the amounts generally billed (AGB) for an emergency or other medically-necessary care. View the FAP Application here.
- FMI | (207) 351-2389 或电子邮件 (电子邮件保护).
- Prescription Assistance: 纽约医院’s Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get the medicines they need through the program that is right for them. Many can get their medications free or nearly free! This program is available to those who:
- Do not have prescription coverage through any other source including private insurance, Maine护理, Veteran’s Administration, Medicare Part D (some exceptions) or other plans.
- Meet income qualifications: Most programs accept gross monthly income at or below 200%-400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This amount varies by family size.
- Are legal residence of the United States.
- Take certain medications: Medication programs are available for chronic conditions. Not all medications are available.
- Have a 纽约医院 Provider: Your provider must be on 纽约医院’s medical staff and agree to participate with program guidelines.
Call Renee Kocev, PAP Coordinator at the Health 护理 Help Center, at 或电子邮件 (电子邮件保护) for more information today!
帮助 (Help at Every Level Program) offers a discount on your hospital bill based on household income and the amount you owe. If you have a balance of $1,000 or higher related to one event or diagnosis–we can help. Click here to see the income and documentation requirements.
- Interest-Free, Long-Term Payment Arrangements: Our Patient Financial Assistance Office will work with any patient to help set the amount they can afford to pay each month. FMI | (207) 351-2389 或电子邮件 (电子邮件保护)
- Below-Cost 服务: We offer many services at or below cost to the community including transportation to and from all 纽约医院 locations (including community sites and physician offices); low cost flu shots; free Medicare D counseling and the Bridges Program which provides support and companionship for the elderly. FMI | Call the Health 护理 Help Center at (207) 351-2345.
- 自己支付的折扣 Effective January 1, 2020, 纽约医院 provides a 33% discount off of charges for all eligible uninsured patients.